12-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear View Post
$600 for the downpipe, plus labor to install the downpipe, which Ive seen range from free to almost $250 or so for some people. Now, on top of that, you have to pay someone to cut your exhaust and weld some pipe back on. You lose if you want to ever go back to stock, unless you want to pay again, and even for that small amount of work. The labor plus any clamps and pipe they have to use will probably run another 200 on top of what it cost to install the downpipe itself. So now you are close to 1000 dollars for a downpipe and a you get an extra 10hp and maybe 20tq over the 370 dollar BMS pipe? This is very good gains, but you can see from the picture it is not a stock 135. They have replaced the midpipe resonators/cats and its basically a turbo back exhaust with the stock muffler.

Me personally, I cant justify the extra almost 500 for just 10hp and 20tq. Its is a very good design though. Hopefully BMS can do something with this and make it in to 400whp. Terry needs to put his FMIC on and then this pipe and I bet he will be very close if not there!
Everything you said is very true! But you forget this is without a tune!!! Then if it was me, I wouldn't buy this unless it comes with a full exhaust like I said before. That way if you ever need to go back to stock then it's entirely possible.
Appreciate 0