View Single Post
      05-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #40
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

*Caution this may be sexist*
As the old saying goes, we men age like fine wine while women age like cut flowers.
Yes this is very very offensive to some and very politically incorrect statement but stand back and examine the facts on the ground.
Every day that goes by a man is better off, we become more mellow, more aware, more self confident and well over all just richer as we pay down our debts and increase our liquidity. Furthermore if we respect our bodies we can maintain good health and good muscle tone well into our 60’s without much of an issue. We have a very long shelf life. And many societal norms allow older men to date or marry younger women. A 20 year spread is not that unusual. However if you ask me, many smart, athletic women can be attractive well into their 40s.

Yes a woman who is older and who is dating a man who is younger is seen as a cougar?
Now I find this offensive and well just don’t get it…I honestly don’t think women need to “settle”.

But what I think and feel vs what the economic facts on the ground are may be two different things?
After all I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told by my female friends that the odds of a woman finding the right man to marry after the age of 30 is like finding diamonds on the sidewalk.
Now I look around and I don’t see this…but when these women look around….maybe they are seeing something else? Maybe it’s a self imposed limitation of options?

Either way, lowering ones standards just to "settle" is a great way to start a divorce if you ask me....
Appreciate 0