View Single Post
      08-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
sooofast
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 3

Question Mp3 CDs on 2007 iDrive skipping?

Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum from Toronto, Canada. I just got an 07 328xi and I can tell you with confidence that I'm in love! haha. Anyway, I've looked around and have already found many many useful posts. I was however, unable to find much answer to 2 issues, one I found on the forum and the other one I could not.

1. When I burn mp3 cds, random tracks at random times tend to skip a few seconds. For example, track A starts playing and when it gets to 2:50 it skips to 2:52 and just continues playing. It may skips a few more times again but it still plays the whole song. This happens even when the car is stopped. Ive tried different CD brands and I have tried burning at slower speeds like 4X, yet no luck.

2. Sometimes, some tracks don't get played at all! For example out of the 70 songs I have on a disc 1-2 may not play, the names show up and it tries to play it but then it just skips to the next track. There was this one time, my whole 100 tracks were skipped so i was left with nothing to listen to in the car except the radio...(Wasn't much fun! haha)

I have tried 4 Audio Cds and so far none of them had any of the mentioned issues.

I have an iDrive system on my car so I am just wondering is my unit defective? Should I take it to the dealer and ask them to have a look? Is it covered under warranty? What if my luck, when they test none of the tracks skip?

Thank you all again for such a great forum!

Pete.
Appreciate 0