View Single Post
      06-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #38
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
Yeah shoes should compliment your running style. That's why I exclusively wear Nimbus 9s/11s. They have the perfect amount of support and cushion for MY foot.

BTW when you run make sure that you vary your distance and pace. Like have one endurance run a week, one day of sprints, one 5 mile, one 6 mile, two 3 miles, w/e. Also vary the intensicty.

I used to go 100% race pace once a week at a 5k. Saturdays. Then Sunday would be easy nice pace medium distance, monday would be sprints, then the rest of the days would be varied distance and pace.

Also make sure that you stretch before and after running 45 seconds each, start at the muscles up top (Neck, upper back, chest, triceps) then proceed to stretch muscles further down your body (Lower back, wrists, quads, hams, groin, calves, shins, etc)

When you finish running make sure that you gradually slow down after running and do a cool down walk. When I rowed at the international level in I think in the 2004 Worlds an Irish lightweight rower died from heart failure because he went from a fast pace to a dead stop. Now I know you aren't doing anything crazy, but it helps. The purpose of stretching top to bottom also has to do with slowly decreasing your heart rate. People make the mistake of running stopping and then doing ham stretches and having their blood flow and heart rate jacked up.
thanks for the tips man I'm always looking for something new to try while running i think I'm gonna give the sprinting and then jogging thing a try since i usually just run at a 7.4mph rate
Appreciate 0