DarkAnt335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 C2S & '118D

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblee View Post
Yep, indeed - no need for me to go anywhere near the limiter on my car. The guy on the Porsche forum was having a go because Ant said he hit the limiter a couple of times - IMHO it's fine to run up to the limiter every so often, so long as you're not doing it on every single shift.
Yeah on the dyno the power on my 335i fell off about 5500rpm. Peak on the Porsche is 6600rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Sport View Post
Thanks for the write up Ant comparing the 335i to the Porsche. I am pleased you got it sorted. I have been wanting to know what fellow members think between the two.

From my limited experience comparing a 911 and an Alpina B3 BT has been on the track and I confess that I was a little underwhelmed with the 911 Carrera road holding, I expected more, especially to what the press say about them. I found that the Alpina was faster through the corners and acceleration (it could be the two 911 drivers which were on the track same time as me were totally crap drivers ).

It may be that the Alpina has the upper edge as comparing the 335i to the Carrera Porsche.

Don't get me wrong the Porsche 911 is a fantastic car, however I need a coupe with 4 adult seats so this limits my options.

As you can imagine i haven't had a chance to get to any track yet. So no comparison in feel or lap times. But i have spent some time watching and being over taken by Porsches on the track. In particular Nurburgring where the 1st time i was there, i was amazed watching C2s and GT3's going round and running blistering lap times. I can remember thinking they were still accelerating into 'my' braking zone slowing down quicker and the accelerating earlier. For me that really sealed the deal on me wanting to own one at some point.
I would say it does require an extremely competent & confident pilot to go properly quickly in a Porsche vs a 3. I know it would take me some time to put in faster lap times than i did in the 335i.

It does have 4 adult seats, as long as 2 of the adults are under 5'4"

Like dxb335d says sometimes its about the feel. The Porsche feels like a sports car in every way. Have to admit if we had children it would have been the M3 without a doubt.

Last edited by DarkAnt335i; 12-26-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0