12-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #24
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
I'm a Leafs fan first; as ridiculous as it is to be one. Still, you don't have to be a hockey analyst to know the Leafs suck, and have sucked for many many years. All you have to do is watch them play, then right after watch any two western conference teams play; it's like watching a different sport. Actually it's funny, a friend of mine who doesn't watch hockey was over last week and caught the third period of a Leafs game, then we watched San Jose and Edmonton play and he even asked "are they all in the same league, because this game is way better?" Hah.

Agree on both accounts. The Leafs do need a leader though. Getting rid of Sundin, Tucker and McCabe at the same time left them without one.
No one got rid of Sundin. He gave the leafs nation why he will not waive the no trade clause and why he doesn't want to be a rental player. Now what did he do? Middle of the season 1 yr contract in my eyes he is a rental player.

I agree they should have kept Tucker. He showed up day in and day out for Leafs. Mcabe was overrated and Leafs wasted money on him. I guess it is time to move on and build a team. I hope they win a cup before I Die.
Appreciate 0