View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #154
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Okay, I really didn't wanted to get in between you and Hotrod. But here is the fact.

He lives in my area and I have met him couple times in our weekly local meet, I have heard alot about him and his freakish E90 before. So I met up with him personally to see what he has done to his car that pretty much put any other modded 335i to shame. So I asked for permission go around and check out his car and he was coo to let me do that. Okay...stock exhaust...aftermarket dp...dci...tune...stock intercooler, and meth? Everything else looked stock..nothing suspicious in his setup. I was skeptical too but after I went through to inspect the whole car, whatever he stated on this forum is legit with vbox records to back up his statements. It's frustraiting to see his pretty much stock 335i runs like a champ while my modded to the no other parts avaiable 335i runs slower than his.
Again, I wasn't going to get in between you two but Today I ran into Hotrod while I was getting some parts to fix my damn car and saw his E90 completely back to stock. I politely asked him again if I can check out under the hood, and everything else was returned back to stock. I was hoping he would go to airstrip run but no point of taking stock E90 335i to run those 600~1000hp beasts.

So there you go. No I do not know the guy well enough to defend him. Like I stated above, I asked him politely so I can inspect. But he was coo to let me do that. Just wanted to clear things up.
Don't worry, people on the internet argue about the most ridiculous things sometimes. Thats why I like to see perfomance numbers mainly. Dragstrip/Vbox numbers are the best. You get lots of opportunities to see whats the best that your car can do. One roll on event doesn't mean much between close cars unless both cars start at EXACTLY the same time, and both drivers have perfect shifting/timing/etc, etc.

Anyways, it was good seeing you again. I hope you get your car running well so you can go.If you do, and want to get some test runs done on the Vbox, let me know! I am still trying to talk my coworker into taking his beast GTO there. He seemed more interested in taking his liter bike though. Does anyone know if bikes are allowed? Also, Terry signed up, and if for some reason he can't make the drive out there...I told him I will gladly drive up there for him! He said depending on his family commitments, he will definitely consider the possibility. You see, the last event was out of the question because I thought it was on a Friday, which wouldn't have worked with my schedule. But Saturdays are good to go!
2008 Monaco Blue JB3 2.0 335i Coupe. 11.33 @ 132.77 mph, 60-130mph: 6.95 seconds
2023 i4 M50 11.48 @ 121.56mph, 3.43 0-60 (dragy)

Last edited by hotrod182; 01-17-2012 at 12:10 AM..
Appreciate 0