View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
sheesh
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 white/red

Ls3 swap canbus question

Hey guys, so I currently have a loss of compression in cylinder three and currently looking at options for the 335i. I will try and soak some seafoam in there and see if I can break up whatever's holding the piston rings closed but if that doesn't work or the walls are scratched I am considering an ls3. I have a buddy that builds ls's, cxracing just came out with a swap kit, and I hear some company in Australia (brintech?) as well as ecumaster might have canbus solutions. Wondering if anyone here has any experience or have heard anything on canbus options. I'll have to run the gm ecu and dme side by side to retain all the BMW functionality and I know speedo is ran from abs so largely it'll be figuring out tach, cruise control, temp sensors, push button start, etc. I'm going to have to figure out how to read and send canbus signals, possibly using an Arduino. Let me know if any of you have any canbus experience or other issues I'll need to consider coding-wise or any other companies you might have heard of that has managed to get stock functionality out of a swap. Will keep this updated with what I find out in cylinder three but may be having a drivetrain partout soon. Oh yeah, and keep comments somewhat civil, thanks!
Appreciate 0