05-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
It seems that all three of those "body shops" had no idea what they were talking about.

I fitted mine using No More Nails tape which is crazy strong in all conditions (rain, sun, hot, cold etc). It really is very easy to do.

A) Fix tape to the splitter in the little indented parts (have a look, you'll see what i mean). Make sure the bits you've stuck the tape to are clean etc
B) Remove screws from bottom of current bumper. These screws currently hold your bumper and undertray together.
C) Make sure current bumper is clean, unwaxed, dry.
D) Fix splitter to bumper using tape and hold for 1 minute firmly. Make sure you line it up properly. It's a 2 or 3 man job to do this part if you want to be 100% it's ok.
E) Fasten screws onto the underneath of the bumper again. The screws should now go through the splitter, bumper and undertray to provide a bit more hold on the splitter.

TOP TIP: before you start, have a look at the underside of your bumper so make sure all is in order. My bumper had been run over a couple of low kerbs and as such, the kerb ripped a couple of screws off and pull the undertray over the bumper in places which meant that this 30 minute job ended up taking 3 hours.

I did mine some 6 months ago and it hasn't moved a millimetre and has been through all sorts of conditions.
+1 totally agree.

I just refitted mine last month after a respray.
Previously it was bonded with some rubberised glue that I could not locate again.

So I also used the tape as above and its excellent.
You have to line it up well and wap it right into place quickly all in one go - no adjustment as it grips fast!

I found you only need the tape around the middle upright parts, the screws hold everything at the botton and sides perfectly.
Been to 155 a few times, and out in a storm. Not fallen off!

Steve.