SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Thanks! Same to you!

I knew what I was getting into with the RX. Mine was a 2004 as well. I kept it for 8 years, 2 engines and still miss it. I stayed n/a though. It's tough to beat a <2900lb car on a square 275 setup handling-wise....now I just need to figure out a way to she'd 1000lb from this e90...drivetrain removal?

Seriously, though, the diesel is the best compromise I could've made. I love this thing. I went from 240hp/no torque/16mpg to 275hp/425lb-ft/31mpg...amazing (especially since I'm now driving 40k miles/yr). A buddy of mine told me I can't seem to own a normal engine "no pistons to no spark plugs".

How do you like that n54? Great engine!
Hey man, that's hilarious... why can't you get a normal motor... haha. Diesel is the way to go, if i had the option, i would go diesel right away.

2 engines... sounds about right (rx8) lol. I blew the motor a couple of months after the Greddy turbo... custom mods (turbo), custom problems. learned this the hard way. But damn, you've run 275 square ?!?! that's impressive!!!

I have the N52 motor... no turbos. When i bought my e90, the 335 wasn't out yet. Even if it was, i probably wouldn't have gotten it... the turbo issues on the rx8 really scarred me quite a bit. Now, i'm craving some more power, so I'm hopeful about picking up a diesel as my next ride (quite a few years from now lol).

The n52 is great. very solid motor. I have the e83 msport (x3) which is a beefed up n52, and it's great. This inline 6 is one of the best motors i've ever had, so I'm very happy with it. Now, if only i can up the power without force induction-ing it, without having to spend thousands of dollars... that's going to be pretty tricky. The only options i can think of are port/polish, etc -- but that'll break bank. I'm at 115k on my motor so far, and it's still running strong like a champ!!!
Appreciate 0