A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
You beat me to it AP

I watched it last night,and it's a great vid,and a fantastic overall review of both cars.

The BMW is a cracking buy,and as Monkey boy said,keep the options to a minimum and it's a car that 's hard to beat in pretty much every category.

I can't say the BMW is a particularly good looking car,but being sat inside giving it the beans,aesthetics are not that important to the driver,only to the other drivers as you hoon the feck past!

CH's vids and reviews are always good,something that Top Gear never really gets right,and Monkey's cock is smaller than JC's (allegedly)
Haha Agreed on the JC comment, and on bland appearance of the 1. After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have been banging on for years to my friend who had the s3 now and tts about the chronic annoyingness of ingolstadt's offerings. But alas... he is a convert.... and there is nowt i can do.

To be fair he has an excellent point about the 4 wheel drive benefits in dodgy conditions, but my friends car is a garage queen, they do not come out in winter because of " the salt"., and so his point is redundant and besides a car with a decent set of winter tires can still travel up and down the country. Its not like we get it that bad here.

Personally I would take the M135i, simply because it sounds stunning from inside way better than the audi.
Appreciate 0