Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n52330i View Post
Lol. I hope no one believes this bs you post. The piston diameter is larger when you take all 4 piston diameters into consideration.

Pad compounds can be changed to change coefficient of friction. The pistons on the caliper do not melt in the caliper, EVEN used in real race application.

The floating rotor is better on 135 then 335.

The cars come with different pads from factory, so you cannot compare breaking until both calipers have same pad installed.

1 series 6 piston caliper used on race cars, single piston not.

Why you always argue? Can't afford a bbk?
LOL, oh mannnn - ok so:

First off: The brake pad COMPOUND changes the co-efficient of friction NOT the surface area, so why are you mentioning surface area?

Secondly: NO the bbk caliper does not have a greater piston area.

Thirdly: For a given leg input do you know how to calculate line pressure and brake torque? Oh no you don't well when you input 150 pounds of pressure with your leg on the pedal these are the approximate numbers for produced brake torque (rounded off for easy assesment):
135i: 850 ft/lbs
335i: 920 ft/lbs
M3: 980 ft/lbs

So once again, the diff between the 135i and the 335i is about a bit more than the diff between the 335i and m3.

Have you not been on 1addicts reading about all the heat damaged calipers?

Do you have any knowledge on the topic or are you one of those people who sees "race cars" using something so you want to use it to? Or did your mechanic sell you something and now you think it's the best because your mechanic said so?

I can't afford the BBK huh? Too bad I already have the performance bbk haha and it sucked so I decided to switch to Brembo. The performance BBK is sitting in a box making for a nice footrest when I'm tired, but if you love it so much I'd be more than happy to sell it you.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 1
ttthai28.00