View Single Post
      03-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

RE toe links review

First of all, I have to apologize for the picture size. I can't figure out how to reduce it for the life of me...
Ever since I got rid of the runflats due to poor grip and ride quality, I've been sinking a boatload of money into my suspension because my car felt sloppy (vertically, horizontally, laterally) and underdamped with 235/265 PS2's and the added torque of the GIAC tune. To make it brief and to the point, my last susp mod was to install the Rogue Engineering toe links that I got from HPA. The M3 rear subframe bushings go a long way in reducing the rear end slop, but since uprading them, what's bothered me most is the excessive lateral movement or torque steer of the rear end, specifically when passing another car hard on a two lane mountain road (which I do alot) and to a lesser extent in hard cornering. When passing, the rear end torque steered which is an uncontrolled/unnerving feeling. Well, the RE toe links have eliminated that The rear end is very planted in corners and when passing the rear follows the front as it should! These links have increased rear end noise and harshness on city streets, but I don't notice it as much on the hwy (at least not the noise). If this gets worse, I may look for another solution. There is a small tradeoff for the improved lateral stability. I'm hoping Meyle or Lemforder will make HD bushings for the oe toe links; we'll see.
Attached Images