06-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #64
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwater View Post
Any good Tires for All Season from Michelin which can survive few snow and icy roads in Chicago. Dont like noisy Tires..

Can PSS works in snow weather also, anyone used PSS in Cold Winter weather..
Honestly just go all the way, have a set of wheels and tires for Spring - Fall, think 18-19" and premium extreme performance summer rubber, and then a 17 - 18" Dedicated winter tires.

It really makes all the difference in the world. There is no comparison between "snow" and all-season tires. All season is code for compromise year around, means missing that extra edge of safety year around. Also, SUMMER tires are genuinely worthless under about 40 degrees even when it's sunny/dry out. Here in Washington even which is pretty mild year around you can feel summer tires slipping and refusing to heat up even after 30 minutes or so on the road. Compounds just arent designed for cold/snow/ice...

Summer tires are better in the wet typically than any All Season, and of course are epic on warm dry days. While the winter tires make the all season tires seem dangerously inadequate in the cold and snow/ice.

I've been doing this for the last few years and buying a dedicated winter wheel and tire set is the only way to go as apposed to having to go to the shop. Takes me 20 minutes a breaker bar and a torque wrench to swap back and forth.

Extra bonus, no worries about subjecting your quality wheels to crappy winter roads and chemicals.

FWIW.... Lots of caffeine today

Lastly Tire Rack is a business sure, but there is also a crap load of information on their website regarding Summer/All-Season/Winter tires and a lot more. NO I don't work for them or anything like that, they just keep meeting or acceding expectations.