Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Sorry, have to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerw View Post
After years of driving vehicles, it was time to be responsible and buy a sedan upon our new arrival to the family. I have always been a loyal customer to Mercedes Benz and Acura. I thought I would shake it up a bit and purchase a BMW. You hear about the wow factor of the vehicle and the exceptional service by BMW. Could I be more wrong with BMW Canbec. I purchased a 2008 328I, my first preowned vehicle ever, however it was a BMW Certified Series (with the economic downturn I thought I would save a little money). The list of deficiencies and problems are long. It is obvious the previous owner smokes (which I did not know when I picked up the car as I was suffering from a sinus infection, but was assured by the sales consultant that the vehicle was smoke free). The brakes had a severe vibration when applying the brake at highway speeds (corrosion on rotors), interior cleanliness was not up to par to BMW Certified Series standards, large paint damage to the front lower pumper (it is also obvious the previous owner while smoking drove into a curb and mounted it). Since I live in Ontario, the vehicle was not plated and a temporary sticker was provided until I register the vehicle. Unfortunately for me, BMW Canbec did not provide me with the registration until 11 days after delivery. Yes, for those who know the temporary plate is only valid for 10 days. I was driving the car illegaly thanks to BMW Canbec. Promises were made to have the registration couriered to me days before. Like a sucker waiting for the cable person to arrive at the house it did not arrive until days after. Even with constant contact with BMW Canbec during this time I received the famous "It will be there tomorrow". Load and behold when I do receive by by DHL Courier the package is sent by GROUND SERVICE and not by express (way to go guys you saved $ 15 on courier fees). Now my BIG issue with BMW Canbec is the paint damage to the lower pumper. I was assured by CANBEC I could take the vehicle to BMW Toronto and have the repairs made there and CANBEC will take care of the bill (they estimated $ 100 for the paint damage) before I left the dealership. Well I got two quotes to make sure from the estimates are correct, one from BMW Toronto $ 750 and BMW Durham $ 800. Which makes more sense to me for those who have had body and paint work on their cars. Well, when I advised BMW Canbec and their manager that said the body shops are taking advantage of you and escalated the prices as it would only cost us $ 100 to fix at BMW Canbec (they must be using spray paint from Canadian Tire). They refused to pay for the repairs and suggested I drive back to Montreal and have the repairs made at BMW Canbec. Humm 4.5 hours drive ONE way, NOT going to happen. So now everyone knows my dilemma right now. With the newborn at home and 70 hour work week who needs the extra stress, I definately don't but hey the fight is not over until the fat lady sings. Is it possible to give BMW Canbec a score of -5 on a scale between 1-5??????? I think they should change their name to BMW-Lada Canbec. This fight has been a full time job!!!