View Single Post
      02-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
hk6mt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 323i

MT all the way!

I drive an MT E93 323i in HK and I think we're in the minority.. BMWHK tried to convince me against it, saying everybody goes for step and its the same thing. The problem for me, with step, is that although u can roll thru the gears if u wanted you're never gonna do it. Whereas the MT forces u to. And no its definitely not the same.. auto is auto.

Yeah traffic in HK is terrible but I love the MT every time I'm on the road even when backed up for 20 mins in hung hom tunnel. Its just so much more fun to drive and I feel more in control. E93 is heavy, so even with the relatively weak 2500cc direct injection, being able to anticipate and respond to the bends and curves with the right gear helps make the car feel more in control with the throttle.

I love manual transmission and really glad that i chose it over step! Furthermore, u save HK$6,000 from the dealer!

P.S. i have a bad habit of peering into others' BMWs and checking if they're also MT. i've only seen one in the past 12 months, which was a 135i convertible parked in happy valley
Appreciate 0