QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
Since the days of the E30, reviewers have been saying with each new model, BMW loses a bit of the "edge" they had that made them real driver's cars. Things have become more insulated and "softer" compared to the earlier BMW's.

That said, BMW's have never been cheap. Though it is off-putting on how so many features that are standard equipment on modern cars, are extras on BMWs. But again, they were never cheap cars to begin with, so you need to choose what is important to you, and what you are willing to pay.

Obviously, there are other aspects of the car (besides the option packages) that are appealing enough to make some people sacrifice them to save money. The bottom line is, if you don't think the car is a good value, don't buy it. But here you are, so obviously, there was *something* about the car you liked enough to overlook some of those options.
You are correct and I agree, I do love my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick603 View Post
BMW could probably charge less for these options, but the prices they choose are based on what will maximize their profits. So what if brand Y can give you a feature for $10? If BMW can sell just as many at $11 as they could at $10, then they would charge $11. If they sell fewer at $15 but the extra profit per unit makes up for it, then they'd charge $15.
this is true as well..
Appreciate 0