View Single Post
      10-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #67
Pavlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D M-Sport Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Hey B33M3R, I’m trying to pick an amp for my set-up, and I have hit a wall. My set-up is very similar your yours, apart from Im doing everything stealth by hiding the amp and MS-8, thought maybe you or anyother guys could help me out in picking something out.

This is my current set-up:
•2 x Focal 100KRS (RMS 50w, 4ohm)
•2 x 4" theloudest.com (RMS 90w, 4ohm)
•2 x SWS-8XI (RMS 150w, 2ohm)
•and a MS-8

So I need a amp to run the Focals and the SWS-8XI on four separate channels, the 4" loudest.com mids will be run from the MS-8 (I hope the MS-8 is powerful enough to run them). The other issues apart from matching RMS and ohms, is it needs to be no bigger than 8" wide x 10" long and 2.5" deep, as it’s all going under the trunk.

The only perfect amp I’ve found is the JL HD600/4 with R.I.P.S technology which is perfect as I won’t need to worry about battery voltages (as I have a European E87) and load impedance. This means I would receive the same power output at 4 ohms as at 1.5 ohms each time. But its pricey around £500 here in the uk.

The other choice which is both cheap, small and powerful is the VIBE LiteBox Stereo 4 which looks like it would be perfect:
4 ohms: 90 watts x 4 chan.
2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.
But I wonder if the SWS8 maybe alil underpowered at 125w each.

Any recommendations or advise on another amp what to do would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0