10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
MODMY3 - Exterior LED Bulbs

After installing my oem euro headlights, the stock amber bulb immediately detracted from the look of the clear-corners. I knew right away that I wanted to switch to LED bulbs, but I wanted it to be consistent all around (all turn signals, brake lights and running lights). I found that MODMY3 had exactly what I needed, so I ordered a full setup - 16 bulbs in all (front turn signals, sidemarkers, rear turn signals, brake lights, running lights and reverse lights).

Because I have blacklines, I needed amber bulbs, which Marie helped me pick out. She was very communicative throughout the whole process.

The only hiccup I experienced was with the sidemarkers, they did not match the front and rear turn signals. They were more of a red-orange color than amber, whereas the others matched the stock amber perfectly. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that could be done, so I ordered another set from HPB, and now it's spot-on.

I was also pleased to see that every LED on every bulb was working (and there are a lot of LEDs on these bulbs). Thanks to Marie and MODMY3 for giving my car a nice upgrade.