09-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d sport auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
I would also be interested as the DPF is starting to annoy me in terms of constantly keep chek its regen properly etc
Yes I got fed up as well and I have a launch so I could sort out my own regens. In defence of ecotune they need to recoup the investment of development of the pipework. If I had the money I probably would have chosen that option. That way you still have the dpf to refit should you wish. Mine has been taken apart the insides removed and welded. The plus side is you cant tell its been removed. I saw what came out of there and it is a thick heavy metal cat plus a few inches of ceramic filter. It must create a fair restriction and it is hard to imagine it not blocking with age.

I had mine done by Permoveo near Cardiff. It did take them 3 days and I dont want to say any more on here except to say they did give me a courtesy car and I have clocked up a few hundred miles and have had zero problems since.

I believe there are other garages providing a similar service at similar prices. A local garage would have removed the dpf for £100 I just didnt fancy it. They wont alter the map for that but in truth it probably wouldnt matter. The main problem would be ecu codes saying dpf sensor invalid or something similar. It wouldnt come up on the dash though. Permoveo did do something with my map as Ive checked the ecu for errors and there are none.

Ass dynos are terribly inaccurate but mine tells me my car is performing much better without that bung in the exhaust. The exhaust temps are 100C cooler which must benefit the turbo.
Appreciate 0