Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Also, does the car come waxed from the factory? What should I do to get rid of all the protective stuff that came from the dealer or the factory before I apply my own stuff?

Thanks.
Wash, clay, wash, dry, polish, seal, wax. Take your time, be patient and know as much as you can about the products you choose to use.

If you're really NEVER detailed before then I wouldn't suggest using anything more than an orbital waxer/polisher regarding mechanized applicators. The above post referenced some good guides to familairize yourself with. Although I tend to not agree with some of the info jopa489 posts; the references he gave will definitely get you pointed in the "right" direction.

I have more than 14 years of experience in detailing/reconditioning (mainly dealing with exotics/European automobiles). This makes it difficult to be more specific in answering your question. You will do best to start off small. As you become more comfortable with the products you're using and the end result achieved; you'll come into your own technique and knowledge.

Appreciate 0