07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #72
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post

Does this also mean that those of us who have achieved a decent drop with Eibachs have just been lucky?

Can you get any more side on pics of the car on a totally flat surface, wheels pointing dead ahead? stand back a bit and hold the camera at a height where the roof is totally flat at that level (i.e. not looking down on the car or up at it, but square on). That would give us a real indication of the overall effect - I'm just curious is all.
I will get some pics as soon as it stops raining! I think the drop is engine dependent. There are a whole range of springs out there for the E92 alone and vary per engine size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
To be honest I'd be pushing back on Eibach and\or the supplier that they haven't lowered the car to the level that you were led to believe and try to get them to swap them for the sportsline kit instead, even if it was just to waive the fitting cost.

Your obviously not 100% satisfied with results and it's at times like this were I'd expect any supplier worth their salt to try help out the customer as much as possible. I was considering getting mine done at M-style too but I'm not sure I'll go there now on this result.
When I spoke with M-style their response was "we've fitted the ones that you've asked for and we've ordered the right ones for your car". When I did speak to them first, they were very pro-active about eibach springs suggesting a lot of their customers go for that option.

I did bring my car in infact to be told to expect something between 10-20mm drop on an M-sport.

I know I should have checked with Eibach first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I'd agree,it's not M Styles fault that the product does not live up to it's claims.
However,it's still possible that the car will settle some more,my H&R's (previous car) took a couple of weeks until they found their true level.
Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
I suppose if you follow that to the letter than yes but if the OP clearly stated to the supplier that he wanted the kit to specifically reduce the wheel arch gap and it didn't then I'd expect them to at least offer to help in terms of good will\customer service. Surely they should have had the experience at least to advise him before he'd spent his hard earned on what the best option would be for his particular requirements

I was at M-stlye a few weeks ago enquiring about exactly the same thing i.e. my specific requirements being that I want the car to be lower and was also recommend the Eibach Pro kit. If I'd had it done followin that advice and this was the result, I'd expect something to be done about it. Too many times we just take the hit in this country, if you read the Yank forum you'll see they expect and get much better customer service over there because they aren't prepared to accept anything less.
What would you do in my situation? Do you think they would rectify the problem?
Appreciate 0