TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
Sam,

In an IB application you can fully expect the bandwidth to excel from 15-45Hz. Above this things do and will roll off quick. Its very important to have strong midbass in IB installs. You won't have stong upper end response like you typically would in a sealed enclosed setup, therefore midbass is paramount to ensure good transition in your setup.

As for your judgement scores, you are comparing 2 very different drivers for 2 VERY different intended applications. Take the efficiency readings with a pinch of salt and read up about Hoffmans Iron law. The ratings on power handling are also somewhat off, Fi rate the IB3 based on mechnical power handling not thermal. Thermally that thing will take twice the rated power but in IB drivers the mechnical limitations are primary way of giving ratings.
What you say about IB not having good top end? I play my 15's to 90hz to enforce my 5x7's. If you cant get good output past 45hz, you need to choose a better driver and ditch a class d amp and go with a good class ab amp.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0