Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 JB/Saddle E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU99WU View Post
i will have a diy hopefully up by sat 3pm! i removed mine and got it wrapped in gloss black vinyl at fastsigns in bellevue wa, cost was $150'ish for vinyl and labor. so i got my pieces off the car now and will take some pics of it and a full diy. was kinda a pain to get the pieces off the car, coupe has 4 pieces per side. top big piece you just tug in a downward out towards your body motion from the top of the window mid way. quarter panel piece slides towards the front of the car (be very very careful with this piece). door trim just pops off by pulling up on it (windows down makes it easier). piece under mirror pops off by pulling up on it {you will need to remove the mirror). removing mirror is easy, open door, pop off tweeters (pull towards back of door with it). then give your door panel a tug where the tweeter was, door panel will come loose there. pull the rubber molding up and out of the way a bit to reveal the 3 bolts that hold the mirror in place (do NOT pull the rubber part completely off!!!). undo bolts, unplug mirror cable. then give the trim piece under the mirror a upwards tug and you got it! the guy had the installer do wrap it while it was on the car, installer rushed the job, looked like sh*t. so i decided to take the pieces off the car and have them wrap it, second time a diff guy did it on his own time, he said he worked on them for 12+hrs!, and they came out great!
Champ.