Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 G37S Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
Ok, so to start...

It's a fairly simple process...

Start by vacuuming all the leather surfaces to be cleaned.

When using Swissvax Leather cleaner, remember you DON'T have to use a lot of product! A 250mL bottle usually lasts me about 2-3 normally soiled leather interiors. For example, on one of the mid sections on the seat bottom i use about 3-4 sprays and make sure i spread it very well with the leather brush.

Work one section at a time and use the white cotton towel to wipe off the cleaner after you have agitated the area. Do not let the cleaner sit too long after agitating, because the soil may go back into the pores of the leather as the cleaner evaporates.

Next comes the Leather Milk. You are going to apply this using the terry applicator pad. For the initial application to the pad, I usually make a thin circle around the outside of the pad and sort of smear it around the pad with my finger. Only apply as much as is needed to create a uniform and no-spot-missed finish. You don't have to apply a lot, and more is not necessarily better and will take longer to dry. a 250mL bottle of leather milk should last about 8-10 normal leather interiors (Seats, door inserts, armrest, steering wheel, shift knob), so use it accordingly.

once leather milk is applied, leave the leather untouched for 1-3 hours, or until the surface turns matte. It should leave your interior smelling of a Gucci store or something like that...

Don't worry about the elephant preserver, as that is geared more towards older, dry, or neglected leathers.

BTW, I'll be over in san francisco at the end of the month...
Thanks! I did a full interior detail today, and washed the outside, quik detailed it with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer. Its only been a month since my last full detail, so the car is looking sharp after the touch up.

I tried out the Leather cleaner and milk today, pictures coming stat.

What brings you out to SF?
Appreciate 0