10-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
ROW
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i Individual

D1S Factory Xenon Upgrade Bulbs

Afternoon all.

Anyone running any upgraded bulbs (5000k or 6000k) on there e92 xenons? or recommend any? pics would be great .

I brought a set of d1s bulbs 6000k from teddy at ssdd late June so only 4 months old. Very disappointed with the product, i know everyone says his products are top notch but this time it was poor.

i thought buying from a forum sponser rather than ebay i would get a better quality product. When they arrived the bulbs were those exactly found on ebay from the far east. Although teddy offered me a minor refund as i found the exact ones cheaper on ebay (even with the evot forum discount) i was still disappointed, if i wanted a product like that i would have gone on ebay myself.

For the past few weeks the driver side bulb started to flicker and not light, yesterday that bulb completely went. i emailed teddy yesterday so hopefully i will get it replaced under the usual 12months warranty.

I am still on the look out for an alternative bulb even if/when i get the replacement. colour wise 6000k should be a diamond white, but these from ssdd have a very distinct aqua colour. At night they look ok but say at dusk when the lights come on on auto they look cheap.

If you aint guessed, im not happy. only 4 months old, we all know changing the bulbs on an e92 aint a 2min job.

anyone running 5000k bulbs? ... looking at these as im after a crisp white with no aqua blue hue.

thanks