Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Here you go Mak, straight from the horses mouth

If you are wanting deep clean hard hitting bass, with 1000W, I would look to a standard Q15. Since you have the space, a ported Q tuned to 30Hz in 4 cuft would work well. An SSD is normally rated at 800W, and the copper coil allows things to drop deeper and cleaner for an SSD, but it doesnt increase thermal capacity. If you are easy on things, saving $$$ with the SSD and copper coil would work. If you are tougher on things, then the Q15 standard would do great.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks,
Scott
Fi Car Audio

Apparently there is a copper coil mod for a Fi SSD that allows deeper bass ? I've not researched this though
The Copper coil is heavier, this increases the moving mass which in turn increases Mms. The regular round wire ally coils are lighter so little better if you want more of an aggressive sound and lower Qts (more suited to vented alignments).

There's lots of options with the Fi subs. I am the distributor for Fi Car Audio and Ascendant Audio for UK and Europe. Some that know me will know my relationship with Scott has been going 10 yrs strong back when he ran RE.

I still think your all mad though, sealed enclosures in a saloon. IB is where its at.. Of course if you want some serious SPL then a vented or sealed alignment will deliver the goods.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0