C ///M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 M3 & '07 X3 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
so whats up with the install? you'd think there would be more details on something as groundbreaking as this....
Patience guys, Rome wasn't built in a day, and the tuning won't be completed either. You have to remember that Gavin has to invest $$$ into dyno time and fit in to the shop's dyno schedule. I very much doubt he can show up whenever he wants and have at it. This is probably why days go by without an update; I imagine he has to wait sometimes too.

However, Gavin can you share any info on injectors you've chosen? Size/Capacity or Brand? I'm hoping you're going the route of 6 new injectors vs. having 1 or 2 "add-ons". Idea of what kind of duty-cycle they'll be running?

What about the blower itself? Will it run along with the accessories belt or will it have it's own dedicated belt with a new crank pulley? (I wish this was the case, but i'm thinking not). Any chance you can re-design the stock crank pulley to accommodate the additional belt? No need to underdrive the accessories, and I certainly don't like doing it with the crank pulley either. I know I'm probably getting out of control here, but if you have the ability to go that route, maybe you'll go nuts and create a clutched supercharger pulley to conserve cruising gas mileage... I know, I'm dreaming...

EDIT: Just went back on FB to get caught up, never mind about the 6 vs. add-on injectors. That being said, I'm assuming there is no way to have 6 larger injectors putting out the same output as the OE 6 + your 2 add-ons? This would likely need custom tuning, correct?

Last edited by C ///M; 03-08-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0