CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I just wanted to clarify a few things regarding my original post.

My main problem was with the salesperson, not the dealership. In fact, the dealership has done quite a bit to resolve the situation, and the service manager has been EXCELLENT.

I have no problem with the salesperson knowing the results of the survey and if he wants to discuss that with me, fine. But, I don't appreciate being blamed for his inattention to detail.

There are many views on the whole loaner car issue, but my main point was that I have never had any other car brand make it a point to tell me "If you don't buy your car here, we aren't going to give you a loaner". So far, I have had 3 local BMW dealers tell me this, and it seems others are hearing the same line.

Because my experiences with the service department have been very pleasant, I will likely continue to use them in the future which makes the availability of a loander a non-issue for me. Furthermore, in the off chance I went to one of these other dealers that won't give me a loaner I can simply drive one of my other cars.

But, my personal experience with Volvo and Acura has been a stark contrast to BMW. These other brands have always maintained that as long as you have a scheduled appointment, you will be taken care of. I have never even been asked about where the car was purchased from these other dealers (and this has been my experience with Volvo and Acura dealers in Boston, NYC/NJ, and Atlanta).

Overall my feelings on BMW mixed. This is an excellent performing car and pretty much sells itself. It appeals to both the driving enthusiast and the image conscious individual looking for the "name". This is a win-win situation for the dealer. People will buy the car without much coersion and even if the service provided is only mediocre.

Michael

p.s. In regards to a comment about dealers in FL, I am very suprised in how things are down there. Every dealer I have been to in the Atlanta area has treated me very professionally, even better than in the NYC/NJ area. In fact, a Porsche dealer in Atlanta let me take a car out alone. I returned about 15-20 min later and his reaction was "back so soon?"
Appreciate 0