01-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Digtlartst
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328xi 6MT Alpinweiss

Garage List
2011 E90 CPO question

I have a 2006 E91x with 63k mi that's has been having differential problems and I'm not sure I want to sink big bucks into it. I only drive 5k or so a year because my commute is only 8 miles and most days I ride my motorcycle to work.

Over the past year or so I've been searching intermittently for a late model E91x with 6MT to replace mine but no luck. They're just too rare. Automatics have taken over the world, especially in wagons, but they're not for me. And of course BMW won't sell me a new 6MT wagon.

I'm now considering a CPO 2011 328xi 6MT that I've found that I like. It's got 30k mi with Premium, Value, Heated wheel, Split seat, Nav and Xenon adaptive S524A. CPO warranty would go to mid 2017, and I really like the color combo.

My question is, what mechanically would be different from my '06 besides the slightly higher horsepower? Were there many improvements/refinements from '06 to '11? I do like the bigger side mirrors and how the window buttons were moved back on the driver's door.
Appreciate 0