View Single Post
      04-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #29
drfrink24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshusttoley View Post
So I just got my car back from my buddy installing the stage 2+ with steel smfw. I used the spec throw out bearing in the low position and added new fork from BMW but didn't use there plastic throw out bearing. Holy crap is the rattle bad. Even at 30mph I hear a grinding sound and chatter and rattle, however you want to call it. It's so loud you can not hear my exhaust anymore. When my foot is on the clutch, all the noise goes away. Now I heard about a little chatter, but this sounds terrifying. Will this noise subside once the clutch is broken in? My friend said the only thing he can think of is the throw out bearing vibrating and making this noise? Is this true or is it something else as well. Maybe he installed something not correctly? I used d4 fluid and bad vibration goes even to the actual stick. This is so bad of a sound I feel like it destroys the class and luxury of having a 335. You can't even hear the turbos, and for the loud grinding sound even at cursing speeds?! Please help!

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_te...nny_rattle.htm

I followed that recommendation and I have zero, ZERO, gear rattle. Spec 2+ w/Spec SMFW. Even in a drive-thru line, I hear nothing w/clutch out and in neutral.
Appreciate 0