View Single Post
      08-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

my wallet is getting a hammering at the moment, approx 60-80 quid a week on fuel and I only travel 10 miles to work and 15 back

in my 335i i am getting approx 19 mpg, i put in 25 quid the other day (shell v power 99 oct @ 103p per litre) and it lasted 98 miles approx! car has only 2000 miles tho, and I have a heavy right foot full of lead. and the car is almost always in DS mode when oil is up to temp.

That straight 6 turbo sound is stunning and addictive! it wants you to cain it! and i oblidge! . never had that in my 320d loaner i wanted to drive slowly lol ...99% of cars are dispatched will ease, including a vr6, type R, cayman, tt, evobishi's (most of 'em), golf r32...list goes on.. (i am not a good driver though, and this is just straight line stuff, cornering ability is incredible with the 19" and m sports suspension)

my journey to work is stop/start mostly due to the traffic, blomming buses, cyclists, and fecking speed bumps everywhere! its only like 10 miles but its not progressive! worried about brakes as they take a battering

going to a stag do in bournemouth tomorrow so i hope that will bed the engine in a bit more so that the mpg starts rising! and i lose my lead foot!
Appreciate 0