E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1M2 View Post
"I still don't see how BMW will be the leading brand in motorsport or any passion in it to just give up the motorsport categories that they are unable to excel and win."

%100 with you on that one.

"And Merc. engine just lead Lewis Hamilton to WDC last year. and 6/9 races this year in Brawn GP. MB engine whopped BMW this season. Even a Renault powered RBR too! "

McLaren finally being able to put the power down by figuring out the nose Aerodynamics on Hamilton’s car has nothing to do with their Motor. This whole problem with Ferrari, BMW Sauber and McLaren Mercedes it's been the body Aerodynamics problem, not a power issue. They just can’t put the power down.
I agree with you on that one, Ferrari and MB Formula 1 engines now are so reliable (except the batch last year with a cam-shaft not up to task with ferrari)....and the output of all engines are similar....
its all down to the entire package the car can deliver, the chassis, aero parts, driver, fuel loads, tyre useage and management....etc....

I think the problem with them now its the car itself, the chassis might not be refined to suit the dramatic loss of downforce at the rear and in contrast, too much downforce in the front, an unbalanced car means slow in F1....
a well designed chassis and aero parts (Brawn and Red Bull) can compensate these issues, however, they don't have the weight of KERS....