Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boony View Post
I'm gonna be doing this tomorrow.

Went to pepboys, they gave me the wrong battery, I realized it was the wrong size but they claimed it will work...upon installing, the vent was only on the negative side, so can't connect that hose.

Gonna return that and go to walmart for the maxx H8.
It looks slightly larger than the oem, any other special notes for the install?

I was swapping the pep boys battery and it started thunder storming lol, I am forced to leave the car completely disconnected from a battery, think anything will screw up?

Also, when coding the battery in, don't you need to take into consideration for the amp hours and the reserve time?
What is the actual CCA/Ah/Reserve for this battery?

Will write back once I install the battery!
I don't have anything else to add to the experience.

I didn't code the battery, all I did was install the free program as described above and registered the battery. Registration tells the system it is a new battery and prevents the battery from being overcharged.

I researched amp hours/reserve and came to the conclusion that it didn't matter and it was close enough. Forgot why I came to that conclusion. . Also, CCA doesn't matter either so long as it is equal to or greater than the OEM battery.

You should have no problems with your battery being completely disconnected from the car. Just hope you remember how to put it all back.

Let us know how it goes and post updates if anything goes wrong (or right).

Good luck!
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger

Last edited by Chriztofor; 04-16-2014 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 0