11-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #58
Rugs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
No runs with the E93? lol

I'm curious to see what people can get out of the E93 because a 13.9-14.0 advertised 1/4 mile does not really look too good...the car does though.
You hardly see any E93's stock or modded posting track numbers but: Here ya go, this just goes to show..."PIGS CAN FLY".

I have the quickest and only E93 on DragTimes.com (last time I checked) at 12.77et. And the Quickest 60' time of any 3 series running stock runflats (60'@1.77). With the exception of maybe a 335xi.

I think the extra weight of the E93 initially allows for more traction, but trap speeds suffer from too much weight. I'll be going back this Spring w/ the New JB3 & maybe an I.C; so my times should Improve.

1) Model and Transmission: "2007"E93/Steptronic.
2) Elevation, Temp and Humidity: 600ft, 70*, 65%.
3) All perf. modifications done to the car: JB2HR & U.R.Coated Down-Pipes w/ stock exhaust.
4) Level of gas ran and how much gas in the tank? 100 octane w/1/4 of a tank.
5) Any weight reduction done to the car?? None 4,000lbs.
4) Type of tires and rims?? Stock 18" Sport Rims & (RFT) Run-Flat-Tires@ 23psi.
5) Years of driving the type of transmission?? 6 months w/ this transmission.
6) Obviously some type of proof of your 0-60 time, trap speed and finally quarter mile time. Preferably some video or slip or link to the drag time slip website to your direct slip.

Track conditions vary, but this is what worked for me this run...
A. I let the Rear air pressure down to 23psi, because i had bad wheel-hop running standard psi earlier.
B. DSC Completely off
C. Trans. in DS in manual mode.
D. Burnout in water box to warm the tires up.
E. Power Brake to 2,200 RPM then launched...hard! Track conditions were Great.

3,995lbs. without Driver(+220lbs). So Race weight was 4,215lbs!

Here I am running against my Buddies Beautiful Cayman S. He ran a 13.01et w/Exhaust & Intake mods.

Typical 0-60 runs are in the 4.20-4.30 sec.range. This one was a fluke, but it looks good.
SMART-Top /One-Off Opaque Vinyl EYELIDS / 30% TINT / A.C.SCHNITZER Pedals / "M" Tri-Color Wheel w/Paddles / EIBACH Pro-Kit / AKEBONA F. & EBC RED-STUFF R.Dustless Pads / Drilled & Slotted ROTORS / MIRO M6 Reps / MICHELIN PS2's / U.R.Coated DP's / CYBA-QUAD Exhaust Tips / BMS-TUNED...

Last edited by Rugs; 11-27-2008 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0