Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88, N55 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
+1

Doesnt seem any louder then stock.
I have both tubes disconnected and can clearly hear the blow off with no problem(under driving load), but thankfully it's not obnoxiously loud. Drive the car in 3rd gear up to 50-60mph and let off the accelerator, you should hear it blow off, if not you probably did this mod wrong. I did this mod to decrease the oil re-circulation more than the sound. You will see a small amount of oil blow off into the engine bay near the tubes, but just clean it up every other week or when you wash the car. Also, may want to point your pipes to an area that's easy to clean up.

In case anyone is wondering, until I could access the rear diverter, I only unhooked the front diverter and the car drove fine/could hear the blow off.

Also wanted to share an option for plugging the intake pipe holes. I used a $3 part from jegs which came in silver, blue or black. Thought the blue looked good... http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...00302/10002/-1 Not sure if this is the exact part size since I threw out the packaging(sorry), but it looks exactly like this. May be the -4AN size...

Last edited by bnd; 08-23-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0