makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
Very strange, I wonder why BMW have done that
I guess the reason is that on later HU, BT and usb connectivity is built into the HU. (one example is in classified sections)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
- I know that my BT & phone are connected to the MOST loop because the Dension MOST bypass doesn't work properly, switch it to bypass mode (which should make the Dension invisible but keep the lop intact) & BT & phone disappear - I'm guessing that the bypass breaks the loop & everything beyond the break just doesn't show up. I had the same problem with the MoBridge so I don't know if it's an anomaly with the units, the way they're connected to the loop, or the way the BMW MOST loop works?!? I coud do with a manual jumper loop that could be plugged in when the car goes for servce etc
There is a lot of misconception with the installers and on the internet threads. BMW has left a MOST loop connector in the passenger foot-well to update certain modules via MOST technology and not to connect ipod kits AFAIK.

I had a chat with Andy that the correct place to install Dension is where OEM CD player sits (Where he has installed his amplifier).
I have highlighted the pic

And then run apple extension cable from there to front of the car.
If installed correctly, bypass function of Dension kit should work.
I guess connecting the fiber loops correctly on the rear NSR wheel arch is pain in bum.

HTH.