View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
jyeah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

Honestly, buying a part that is made in China is really not something to be surprised of. Heck, most, if not all of the components from your computer is made in China, too.

Now, I understand you came into buying the parts with the expectation of quality. But just because something is manufactured in China does not necessary mean it's not a quality item. It's really based on the source and vendor. I think that's what you should be asking ECS, on what basis or what are somethings they do to ensure quality control when they source their parts out to China.

On the other hand, Taiwan manufacturing is much more mature than China and I would have less of a problem with parts coming from Taiwan as being a quality part.

In the end, I think when you buy a budget part. Your expectations should match the amount of $ you put into it. It would be the best if ECS discloses all of these things upfront and not do pull any of this marketing jargon. However, if you haven't realized, the McDonald's burgers on the pictures look a lot better than the actual thing that goes into your stomach. It's really just marketing in the end. Sad, but true.
Appreciate 0