View Single Post
      10-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #10
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Sorry for bringing the thread back from the dead. i just found out that i'm getting the FSD's installed (i was originally expecting the Bilstein's B6's on my 2008 335xi... but a mix up happened and now i'm with the FSD's)

So where are some linky's to reviews where people feel they lose their magic and once the magic is gone... will koni replace them under warranty (granted its a PITA to pay someone to keep changing these things). I just want to know what i got myself into with these so its not so much of a surprise down the road?
Here is Koni Warranty info: http://www.koni-na.com/warranty.cfm

In most respects with warranty on suspension, it's usually not worth the hassle. You basically need to remove your shocks and will have your vehicle off the road unless you have stock shocks lying around.

Then you need to pay for the shipping of the shocks and usually they charge something to look at them. If they are under warranty they still might charge you (I know KW does) it's just less then retail.

Plus it should go without saying if there are no visible leaks or blatant lack of function, it will be hard to convince Koni to replace them for free because they "lost magic", IMO. This would likely fall under the "rebuild" category and not warranty.

Contrary to popular belief, good suspension components typically need to be rebuilt fairly often. I'm not saying this makes anything excusable but I know a lot of track gurus and they often after just a few thousand miles (or less) have their shocks rebuilt. These are hardcore guys. It's just something to think about.
Appreciate 0