View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #44
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
I can tell you that nobody I know in the Bradford area wears anything that is any different to most cities! A certain sector of the yougsters tend to go for popular brand names; hoodies, t-shirts, tracksuit bottoms, baseball caps etc. There's a lot of fake labels around, but my daughter and her friends (21-23) tend to go for a lot of cheaper high street brands and spend money on handbags and nights out! Some of the wealthier kids tend to go for All Saints.

We have our fair share of 30-50 year old white affluent males as well!
Haha, I agree.
However I sell footwear to retailers all around the country and there is certainly a fair difference between looks depending on the location and the backgrounds of the residents.

Just living in Norfolk now compared with living in Leicester I dress differently, replicating your peers is a good thing imho.

If the OP is from Cornwall or Norfolk I will admit I must be a judgmental asshole, but I bet he is from one of the bigger cities with the design influences shown in his products.

My daughter is 18 and I don't think she has ever owned a pair of trainers other than for sport, she definitely hasn't owned a pair of joggers and I have only ever seen her in her school leavers hoody.
Had we stayed in Leicester would she have been much different? Probably not a lot, but definitely a little.

I have retailers that own shops 10 miles away from each other and they say the stock is so different you would think it is 10,000 miles gap between them.

I agree that most kids will buy the same stuff all over the UK, but the influence from what they see on the street will make a difference.
Appreciate 0