07-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Which Utility Companies Are You With???

I’ve been with British Gas for years (for both gas & electricity) and have just finished paying them back a large underpayment due to an oversight at their end which leaves me free to move around. Also, my discounted plan (click energy 3) expires at the end of this month, so seems stupid not to shop around.

The best around, using Money Supermarket, is npower (3 stars for service), then edf energy (3 stars), Sainsburys (3 stars) then e-on (5 stars).

Just wondering who you’re with (I appreciate where you live probably makes a difference). I’m most anxious about -:
a) what happens in year two (i.e. when the headline rate to draw you in is changed) switch again I suppose
b) the upheaval of switching
c) is it worth paying a bit extra to use e-on because of their 5 stars

Any advice or comments welcomed...

edit 1 - I've just been given, by a friend, two non-commission taking comparision sites who may give different results - theenergyshop.com and moneysavingexpert.com - apparently they use M&S purely because they get food vouchers!!!

edit 2 - Strangely theenergyshop.com is more expensive than moneysupermarket
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe

Last edited by rogerxp; 07-01-2010 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0