02-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur12 View Post
Trying to install the rear spring on the BC coilover kit on my 07 335.

The question is how does the spring and perch sit in the body. When I try to mount the perch into the upper coil mount it does not fit in the hole. The perch seems too big (size matters :^)

Here are some pics of the whole system, perch and where I would think it mounts.

Thoughts?
Well it sure does look like the upper mount is too big to fit in the hole

Is that "hole" a removable part? Not sure if its actually the rubber piece or not. Maybe you can pull that part off and try the installation again. Or, try to flip the spring assembly upside down.

I haven't seen or installed BC coilovers in person but I'm familiar with the companies that handle the manufacturing. If you can't pull that piece off, that means someone over there messed up in terms of measuring that lower perch and made it too big. But thats highly unlikely unless you are their #1 (meaning, first) customer. Sometimes the car changes around so much that even though the chassis is the same, there are small adjustments causing hardware incompatibility.

I'm also curious as to why the springs are coiled so close together... doesnt look like it will do anything functional if they are already fully compressed

Peter

Last edited by Peter@VMRWheels; 02-08-2011 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0