Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

20 year old Truck rust

I have an early 90s ford ranger...

it is my Beater/work truck/etc
it is in OK shape all things considered for a 20 year old truck

I am starting to form some rust at the bottom of the cab

I do NOT want to invest too much into this thing... I know I can sand, grind, weld, etc new panels in, or take it to bare metal and use body filler... but that all seems like too much work for a vehicle this old... call me lazy

I am just looking for something I can spray on (like spray paint) to help slow down the rust or prevent more from forming.

I know of products like POR-15, but that seems more for prepping the area for paint or body work it seems?

thought as to what I can use to help?

----i realize the somewhat irony in posting about a 20 year old ford truck, on a car forum dedicated to "premium" vehicles, but know a lot of you on here are "car guys" and am sure many have delt with older cars and rust problems (perhaps just not as must as you would find on the honda civic forum ) I did post on a Ford forum, but wanted as many opinions, and diverse answers----

Last edited by AllBlackBimmer; 05-15-2022 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0