View Single Post
      07-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #33
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
First of all, whoever is callin the OP out for his driving habits should go see how difficult it is to avoid potholes in NY. It's ridiculous and chances are you are bound to hit somebody if you do try to miss 'em. Furthermore, it's Bmw's problem if a car that is only 2 years old, can't withstand the roads of NY.

I do think getting rid of runflats will greatly help our cars. However, the subframe mounting points were an issue with the e46 M3s too (not sure of the 330s etc) so it's not like this is something random for Bmws. And they did issue a recall to fix this on those models. If I member correctly, member "cambertoe" in Jersey had a client recently with similar issues.

If you are referring to me, yes we had rear suspension issues on a customers car, but it was the rear shock tower mount that cracked at the seam weld where the shock goes through the body. The previous shop left the Koni yellows set to full soft with lowering springs, and combined with NYC roads and BBS CH wheels, it blew the shocks out after 2 years and the cracked the mount. Mark Chen is the guys name. I was able to weld it back together which fixed the issue.

I have yet to see a subframe crack though, if you could take some pics that would be quite helpful....just soI know what to look for, since Our shop is on Long Island...
Appreciate 0