08-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #204
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
david:

i have read thru your whole detailing 101 and also this entire thread.
i will b getting my 2008 335 vert soon and have a few questions:

although i am fit, i am 50 years old... i am trying to decide between using the klasse system vs. the zaino system for my new car:

1/ seems like the klasse may be easier do initial (new car) full detailing as opposed to Zaino - is this correct?
2/ but zaino may be easier long term to keep up because of the quick Z8 touchups after a good proper washing... Does klasse have a touch up (and extra protection ?) product similar to the zaino z8 for the time between detailings?
3/ million $ question is considering the effot to fully detail, and then maintain, which system is less work ? (how long each system lasts should also factor into your opinion.

if 1 system is less work, is the other system worth the extra effort because of better appearance and / or protection? note that they do not have clear bras here in ecuador, so protection is prretty important.

i plan on keep my 335 mainly for low milage driving (say 500 miles a month), and will keep this car for many years (unless the car cr$ps out on me).

this is an important decsion - especially since i have to arrange getting these products online, and have to physically bring them from NY on my next trip.

4/ after u advise which system to get, please advise approx how much product to get to last at least a year. i will be doing 2 times a year detailng and occasional touch ups (weekly washes and appropriate touch ups)

thanks for your help...
again, although i surely know how to wax a car properly, i am a total begginer regarding klasse and zaino.
edit: if i take alot of people's advise, and do not have the dealer wash and detail me new car, is it safe for them to al least detail the car's INSIDE interior??
Appreciate 0