United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by assman View Post
Excellent write-up, thanks! This will help me immensely.

Has anyone successfully installed the ipod adapter in the center console instead of the glovebox, and if so, where did you put the interface box? Is the cable long enough to be run from the recommended mounting position to the center console, or does the box need to be positioned somewhere else? FrankoQ- I thought that you mentioned in another thread that you planned to put the cable in the center console, but it looks like you ended up putting it in the glovebox. Is there a reason you changed your mind?
Yes. The cable is not long enough. It's about 3 feet and if you keep the interface box where it should, the cable does not reach the center console.
There is no other place to put the box to get it closer to the console.
There was no "longer" cable.
But I'm looking for an extension cable. An Ipod cable that is a female on one end and make on the other. If I find one, I'm moving the ipod to the center console. As I suspected, I'm constantly needed to grab the ipod to update music. Having it in the glove box is a pain.
To remove it, you need both hands. Sitting on the driver seat, it's a pain to reach out to it with both hands.
I sometimes have to go out the car, get in thru the passenger seat.
So, If anyone knows of such cable, let me know.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0