View Single Post
      02-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #10
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
I currently have a 2006 Boxster S as well as a 2009 335i xDrive. Although I like the Porsche, I prefer to drive the 335 as a daily driver. The Porsche feels like you are driving a go-kart, thats a good thing since it is a lot of fun, but not something you would want to drive every day. The car handles great, holds the road very well on the highway, etc.. but the 335 has the comfort as well as the performance.

As for maintenance, I currently have 48,000km on it (approx 30,000 miles) and have done the following:
- Regular maintenance - oil changes
- Front Brakes - cant remember the price, but it was not cheap
- Clutch and fly wheel - this was about $3800. I cant see how it burnt out but this is the first clutch I have ever had to replace. I thought that was ridiculous and it was not covered on warranty
- CEL was coming on intermittently, it turns out it was both catalytic converters which were replaced under warranty
- The engine is currently making a rattling noise when coasting while in gear, not sure what that is yet.

The car is on warranty, which is up shortly, so is the lease... end in March. I am turning the car in as I am sure it would eventually be a very expensive nightmare once the warranty is up.

So, overall, it is a fun car as a second car, but definitely not the right vehicle for a daily driver.