View Single Post
      09-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
edd335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Really!? I actually haven't seen the piano black in the flesh but pics / reviews say its good!

I like the carbon leather but it's hard to source a decent set!
Hey Jammy.

I too, like Josh, have black piano. Its loveand hate really. EXACTLY as Josh said as per the mocrofibre cloth, 5 secs and good as new, but at the same time the frequency of which this needs to be done gets annoying. Also when REAL sunlight hits it there will always be light surface scratches visible, fair enough yours will be a fresh spray but even wiping down with micro fibre can cause.

I was going to get mine carbon dipped. But again will have that shiny finish like the piano black and therefore will also be hard to maintain so have decided against it. And its twice the price of having it wrapped.

I have decided to just get wrapped in matt carbon by shades, cheap, and gives effect of the carbon leather as per no smudges/surface scratches easily showing up.

Also remember the piano black is quite temperamental and bendy compared to to the ali trims, for this reason thinking of sourcing ali trims to get wrapped if can cheaply
Appreciate 0