Thread: JB4 w/ E85?!
View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #9
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

cwarren: thanks for the info, i think i get what your saying. Basically the jb4 has to be installed in order to update the firmware? I would have to install my jb4 w/ harness into his car or remove his cable completely and connect to my jb4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92nate View Post
My USB cable routes into the ECU cover under the glove compartment so it's pretty snug inside and I'd have to basically take it all apart to disconnect it from the JB4.. Thats the way mine is setup, I can't speak for everyone else.. But if you like you can come over to my place and we could do it.. I plan on uninstalling it for services very soon anyways.. Which is still in debate..
Were you planning on taking the USB cable out along with the jb4? I think you'll be fine leaving the cable in and just uninstalling the jb4 for service. But if you want to take the cable out too, I can give you a hand. Jb4 install/uninstall I can do quickly and easily but I have no experience with the USB wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
Yeah, you should be able to share the USB cable. I haven't dyno'd my car yet, but I'd imagine I'm around 380ish rhwp & 380ish torque. I'm running Procede, intercooler, DCI, fully catless exhaust, and no meth. I still haven't upgraded my stock charge pipe or diverter valve yet, but they seem to be holding boost okay for 18 psi.
I think I'm around 380 as well, Im also FBO but I bought cheapo ebay fmic. I wasnt sure how it would perform at first but I've been very happy with it. I kept up with m6 and pretty much dead even with e55
Appreciate 0