View Single Post
      07-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
vtsng
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Pre LCI E90 325i SGM

ST V1 Rear Coils on Max Drop - Pics Included!

So it's been almost 2 weeks since installing these coils (longer than I initially thought) and I haven't noticed much settling on the coils at all.

I put the rears on max drop and it's still quite a bit higher than many other ST v1s I've seen.

I messaged around and found that some members were able to achieve an even lower stance than mine yet still not maxed out on the exact same car with the exact same coils.

Here are some pics:

The ground is as close to perfectly level as possible, the perch is sitting on the top as it should be, the spring is seated properly on the bottom, the code on the spring reads 2012...

I've heard some people tightened the lower bolt on the shock to resolve this problem, but I don't want to over tighten and strip it and I've had no luck with an exact ft/lbs reference to follow.

Also, is it absolutely necessary to keep the stock upper shock mount (not sure what it's called) on the new coils? The new coils didn't come with a new upper mount. Would it affect the height at all if I had removed it?:

Now i'm scratching my head...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Ideally this is the drop I was hoping for (edited with photoshop):

Last edited by vtsng; 07-26-2012 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0